Sunday, July 2, 2017

Random Release . . . The Touch of Snow by Anna Edwards


Anna Edwards
Paranormal Romance
Release Date: June 27th 2017

Selene Harper doesn’t know who she is and for that fact, what she is. If she touches someone, she hears all their intimate thoughts. Not so good when you want to start dating. And definitely not good when you are about to be thrown into the world of shape-shifting bears, wolves and wild cats.

Brayden Dillion is a shape-shifting snow leopard. He is the lead assassin of the Glacial Blood pack but has already been told that when he mates, he will be made Beta. That is the problem though. He cannot find his partner. Well, not until he goes to visit his mother and meets Selene.

The Touch of Snow is the first book in the new Glacial Blood series. A first paranormal book from the author, Anna Edwards. It tells the story of a voyage of discovery for both Selene and Brayden as they try to understand what fate has in store for them. The Glacial Blood world is full of intrigue, suspense and a family of friends. It also features a secret that should remain untold.

Family isn’t always blood; it’s the people in your life that accept you for what you are.





Excerpt:

In all her life, she had never willingly reached out to touch someone, but she found herself doing it before she could think. She took his hand, and hers was enveloped in his grip. No thoughts entered her head. Her hand began to tingle. Both their gazes shifted to where they were joined, skin to skin. Her hand was changing, fingers turning into a paw, nails into claws. Fur sprouted through the skin in white and smoky gray flecks. The hair was spreading, her arm changing into a... a cat's leg. She jumped back, breaking the connection, her arm cradled to her chest. Slowly the effects of the touch reversed until she returned to normal.

"Selene," Brayden spoke but his words were lost.

All she could do was stare at her hand. "Wh... what are you?" she stuttered.

"You need to let me take you back to my mother's apartment now." He stepped forward, but she jumped back again.

"Don't touch me." Selene snapped frantically and shrunk away covering her body. She was terrified.

He held his hands out in front of him so she could see them. "I won't. You have my word. Let's go down to the car. Mom can help me explain."

"She's like you? No, I've touched her. I heard her thoughts. I didn't start changing into...into what was that?"

"Selene, please, the car." He stepped forward again and tried to wrap his arms around her. She was too quick for him though, kicking out before taking off through the desert as fast as she could. She didn't have a clue where she was going. She just knew she needed to get away. The darkness was closing in. The last thing she wanted was to be stranded in the California desert with no water. A noise came from her left and she froze. From the shadows stalked a big cat. It got close enough that she could distinguish it as a snow leopard. Recognition, shook her. It couldn’t be. Her hand, that was what she had been changing into.


"Brayden?"

Author Bio:

Ok, this is the bit where I have to sell myself. Why is it so much easier to write about sexy blokes! Anyway… I am a British author, from the depths of the rural countryside near London. In a previous life, I was an Accountant from the age of twenty-one. I still do that on occasions but most of my life is now spent intermingling writing while looking after my husband, two children and two cats (probably in the inverse order to the one listed!). When I have some spare time, I can also be found writing poetry, baking cakes (and eating them), or behind a camera snapping like a mad paparazzi.

In 2015 I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. It was also around this time that I became one of the founding members of a dramatic/erotic/dark roleplaying group on Twitter. It was wildly popular with both English and American followers. The writing helped me to overcome my depression by giving me an outlet to channel my thoughts into and not sit around worrying all day about things that would never happen. I took over responsibility for management of the group and responsibility for development of our storylines. As well as playing at least ten different characters in the group ranging from an innocent virgin, blood thirsty assassin and even a male lover. The success of the role-play spurred me on to writing novels.

I have a love of travelling and like to bring this to my stories to give them the air of reality. Death Valley is somewhere I visited in 2008 after a tragic personal event. It was part of a tour of the west coast of America that I loved a great deal. The highlight of the trip was a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon.
I have always been an avid reader. Mainly murder mystery in the past but with Beautiful Bastard I discovered a whole new set of novels and I haven’t looked back since. I like my hero’s hot and hunky with a dirty mouth. My heroines demur but with spunk. And my books in a kickarse series.

Stalk Anna:


Facebook, Author Page: AnnaEdwardsWriter

Facebook, Friend: TheAuthorAnnaEdwards

Twitter: @Anna__Edwards

Instagram: authorannaedwards

Pinterest: anna1000edwards

Goodreads: anna__edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment